Verizon Wireless has declared that it is launching its 4G LTE service in 33 markets today, on 19th July, 2012. The carrier is also expanding its existing LTE footprint in 32 other markets.
This 4G expansion bringing the total number of covered markets to 337. Verizon has said in the past that its goal is to have a total of 400 LTE-enabled markets by the end of the year.
See the list of new and expanding markets below:
- El Dorado/Magnolia and Russellville, Ark.
- New London County, Conn.
- Fort Pierce/Vero Beach and Melbourne/Titusville, Fla.
- Columbus and Rome, Ga.
- Burley, Idaho
- Mattoon, Ill.
- Anderson and Muncie, Ind.
- Manhattan/Junction City and McPherson, Kan.
- Lafayette/New Iberia, La.
- St. Joseph, Mo.
- Bozeman/Livingston, Kalispell and Missoula, Mont.
- Goldsboro/Kinston, Roanoke Rapids and Rocky Mount/Wilson, N.C.
- Zanesville, Ohio
- Meadville and Punxsutawney/DuBois/Clearfield, Pa.
- Orangeburg, S.C.
- Sherman/Denison, Texas
- Cedar City and Logan, Utah
- Rutland/Bennington, Vt.
- Lynchburg and Winchester, Va.
- Bellingham, Wash.
- Beckley, W.Va.
- Mobile, Ala.
- Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco, Calif.
- Washington, D.C.
- Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Sarasota/Bradenton, Fla.
- Hilo, Honolulu and Kahului/Wailuku/Maui County, Hawaii
- Blackfoot/Idaho Falls/Rexburg, Idaho
- Peoria, Ill.
- Indianapolis, Ind.
- Wichita, Kan.
- Baton Rouge, La.
- Baltimore, Md.
- Kansas City and Springfield, Mo.
- Akron, Cleveland, Columbus and Toledo, Ohio
- Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg and Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.
- Columbia and Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.
- Provo/Orem and Salt Lake City/Ogden, Utah
- Fredericksburg, Va.
- Seattle, Wash.